Florida is one state with the harshest drunk driving laws. If you drink, drive and get caught call Howard 954.977.6622 , personal injury lawyer! This price gets worse with each driving while intoxicated you get. When you are arrested for a driving while intoxicated your life is no longer your own. It belongs to the court and the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
Florida defines driving while intoxicated as driving a vehicle with a blood alcohol level of 0.08% or higher. For underage drinkers the limit is 0.02% and for those with a commercial driver's license 0.04%.
1. Fees to pay that total two hundred and fifty dollars. These are for administrative fees, drivers' license reinstatement fees both for suspension and revocation.
2. If you get a restricted drivers license you will have to have an ignition interlock device. The fee for this is twelve dollars.
3. You have to maintain an FR-44, a certificate of responsibility for three years.
4. Your drivers license is suspended from one hundred and eighty days to one year.
1. Fines that range from five hundred dollars to one thousand dollars. The fines could be larger depending upon your blood alcohol level.
2. There is a mandatory fifty hours of community service. If you cannot do the community service, then you are charged ten dollars an hour for each hour of community service required.
3. Probation which could be up to one year.
4. You can also receive up to six months of jail or up to nine months depending upon your blood alcohol level.
5. Your vehicle is impounded for ten days. The impoundment fee has to be paid before you can get your vehicle back.
When drinking you have to take into consideration the consequences. If you are arrested for drunk driving, hire a personal injury lawyer. There will be a lot of legal things that the ordinary person will not know. The lawyer can walk you through the process. If you are drinking, it might be a good idea to call a taxi. It will save you money in the long run. Not only will it save you money but you get to stay in control of your life.